Roger Hawkes, Chief Medical Officer, European Tour Performance Institute, and Doug Campbell, Wrist and Hand Surgeon, Leeds Teaching hospitals NHS Trust, guide you through examining the wrist.
Having studied the wrist on the European Tour (golf) for the last four years, they show the simple tests to use in day-to-day practice, and the common pathological findings.
For further resources, see the BJSM special edition on the wrist: http://bjsm.bmj.com/content/47/17.toc
– Taking the history (1.26)
– Initial inspection of the wrist (3.00)
– Assessing the range of movement (5.00)
– Anatomy (5.55)
– Assessing flexibility (7.16)
– Locating pain (8.12)
– Assessing stability of the distal radial ulnar joint (9.22)
– The extensor carpi ulnaris tendon (10.27)
– De Quervain’s tendonitis (13.00)